We are currently seeking an individual who is passionate about catering and hospitality to come and join our team here at The New Croft! You’ll play a vital role in supporting our facilities manager with all aspects of our catering and hospitality sectors including day-to-day operations of our outlets including bars, kitchens & cafes, food preparation, offsite and onsite catering and much more!
If you feel like this is the opportunity for you then please see full job description and how to apply below.
Title: Catering & Hospitality Assistant
Salary: Negotiable (email salary expectations with CV & Cover letter, please note this will be dependent on experience).
Hours: Part Time (Please note evening & weekend work may be required)
Working Location: The New Croft, Chalkstone Way, Haverhill, CB9 0BW
Line Manager: Facilities Manager
Purpose of post: To support The New Croft facility manager & day to day operations of the catering & hospitality section of the facility.
- To provide support to The New Croft Facilities Manager with general operations.
- To support efficient day-to-day operations at The New Croft catering & hospitality outlets including bars, kitchens, and cafes.
- To support and lead in food tasks, ordering, preparation, presentation, stock control of both onsite and off-site catering & hospitality at the New Croft.
- To prepare meals and other catering services for both sporting and commercial users at The New Croft facilities.
- To support The New Croft facility manager with all cleanliness and hygiene regulations.
- To ensure you deliver excellent customer service to our visitors.
- To support promotional activities within the catering and hospitality section of The New Croft facilities.
- To maintain high standards of upkeep at The New Croft catering & hospitality facilities.
- To be a positive team member, bringing creative and innovative ideas to a forward-thinking team.
- To always work safely, efficiently, and effectively.
Key Skills and Experience Required – Mandatory
- A passion, knowledge and understanding of the catering & hospitality industry.
- A passion, knowledge and experience of food service operations and best practice.
- A passion, knowledge and experience of delivering events.
- A passion, knowledge and experience of cleanliness and hygiene regulations and the ability to maintain high standards.
- A passion, Knowledge and understanding of Sports, Leisure and community facilities.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent internal & external stakeholder relations and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to play a key role as a part of a team and can demonstrate individual initiative.
Key Skills and Experience Required – Desirable
- A degree level qualification or at least two years’ experience within the catering & hospitality industry.
- A good knowledge of the work and role of the Haverhill Community Sports Association (HCSA).
- Knowledge and understanding of working with volunteers.
- A qualification or experience within Food Hygiene & safety.
If you feel you demonstrate the necessary skills and attributes required to fulfil the criteria for the vacancy, we will welcome your application.
Should you wish to apply, please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 31st July 2023.
Successful applicants will be contacted via phone or email by Thursday 3rd August 2023. Should you not receive any correspondence from us on this date, this will mean that unfortunately you have not been selected for interview. Please note interviews will take place Week commencing Monday 7th August 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please email email@example.com or phone 07539 229114.